Maria Biasucci-Visser has been practicing as a Registered Massage Therapist for 23+ years and is licensed with the College of Massage Therapy of Ontario (www.cmto.com ) and is a member of the Registered Massage Therapy Association of Ontario (www.rmtao.com).
She offers professional soft tissue treatment, relaxation massage and full body spa applications from her home-based private practice. Her office is located in a quiet country setting within the city limits, nestled by trees filled with song birds and flower gardens visited by butterflies and humming birds.
Maria has completed several post graduate courses and specializes in various techniques – Thermal Palms, Dr. Vodder Manual Lymph Drainage (www.vodderschool.com), Cranial Sacral Therapy, Palliative Care, Basalt Hot Stones, Kinesiotaping, Orthopedic Assessments, Spa Treatments…
Prior to becoming a Massage Therapist, Maria graduated with a Master’s in Social Work and was employed in various health care and social services settings. She is licensed with the Ontario College of Social Worker and Social Services Workers (www.ocswssw.org) and is a member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (www.oasw.org).
Maria continues to pursue additional post graduate studies in counselling with the Christian Counselling & Educational Foundation ( www.ccef.org). She is also in private practice on a part time basis as a Registered Social Worker (www.mbvcounselling.com).
What to expect with your first visit
We will start with a review of your health history, informed consent and office policies.
- If you are seeking massage treatment for a related health issue, an assessment will be completed - your soft tissue challenges will be evaluated as well as related signs, symptoms and postural patterns. Together, we will establish a safe treatment strategy to support your health objectives. In addition to massage techniques, treatment will frequently include self-care and remedial exercises recommendations.
- If you are interested in relaxation massage combined with a spa body treatment, a brief evaluation will be completed to ensure that you do not have any contraindications for this type of service and/or sensitivities to particular products. Your treatment preference will be discussed - types of scent, essential oil choice, scrub and scrub/wrap combination, music preferences…
Massage therapy treatment plans are tailored to meet a wide range of circumstances, blending Traditional Massage, Manual Lymph Drainage, Cranial Sacral Work and various hydrotherapy applications:
- looking to take a break from your busy schedule to de-stress and just relax
- promote recovery from injuries sustained from an accident or fall
- help relieve the strain of repetitive activities from computer and desk work
- reduce the symptoms of Temporal Mandibular Dysfunction – i.e. jaw pain, headaches, facial discomfort, ear ringing, sinusitis
- reduce swelling, inflammation or congestion related to acute and chronic health problems
- promote healing post-surgery - breast reduction, cosmetic surgery, joint replacement ...
- help you stay fit and active, provide relief from muscle soreness post workout or sport’s related
- manage swelling in the treatment of lymphedema, varicose veins, burns, Post CA Wellness...
- comforting support when facing chronic illness, pain or life threatening health problems
- palliative care – soothing comforting gentle massage offered on site at the Hospice
This home-based practice is located at 688 Luoma Road, in Sudbury, Ontario.
The clinic is easy to find - nestled in a quiet setting surrounded by lots of trees filled with songbirds year round. In the summer the flower gardens are busy with humming birds and butterflies.
This office is only a few minutes from the South end Wal-Mart – remain on Long Lake Road heading under Highway 17 overpass down towards Long Lake; turn right on Sunnyside Road; and your first right hand turn will be onto a small dead end street called Luoma Road – the office is @ 688 Luoma Road.
We have an easy driveway with lots of free parking, follow the walk way toward the back patio doors - the entry to my waiting area.